Welcome to our live webcast!
The Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church was organized on July 17, 1947, by the late Rev. T. Moore King, former pastor of Second Baptist Church, Reverend John Clayton and the Reverend C.G. Holston, former pastor of Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church. Reverend John Clayton and the Reverend Harris of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. During this organization, there was a membership of eight. A short time later, the Rev. R.G. Gates was elected pastor. Under his leadership, the membership grew from eight members to one hundred and sixty-five members, and our church basement was erected at a cost of $2,500.00. Reverend Gates served as pastor of Mt. Zion for two and a half years.